Trademark Registration in Dubai
We are trademark registration advisors in UAE, we offer our services to protect your brand
Trade Name Clients
Trademark Registration in Dubai
Trademark registration in Dubai serve as identity marks for the businesses in any part of a UAE. Trademarks are no different than the other forms of the property, hence, require similar timely and effective protection. A trademark registration in Dubai can offer any brand or a company a unique identity.
WHAT IS CONSIDERED AS A TRADEMARK UNDER THE UAE LAWS?
UAE Laws recognizes any distinctive name, names, words, signatures, letters; figures, drawings, logos, titles, hallmarks, seals, pictures, engravings, advertisements, voice, packs; or any mark or group of marks which is used / intended to be used to distinguish the origin of the goods, products or services. To use all or some of these, any brand can make its existence known to their customer. For example, any type of textile with Regal written and a regal figure made next to the writing can only be trade at a license Regal Shop. Only Regal outlets can display and sell that exact piece of cloth. Therefore, the trademark of Regal wills anything with the figure of regal animal and Regal written on it.
Why the registration of the trademark is important UAE?
Trademarks / logos / brand names protection regime varies from country to country. In the UAE, in order to protect the rights in your Trademarks / logos / brand name; the Trademarks / logos / brand names registration is mandatory. Therefore, any Trademark / logo / brand name which is not duly registered is vulnerable and affords no protection under the UAE Laws.
Benefits of the trademark registration in Dubai
Once you do Trademark registration in Dubai; then you can get the following benefits:
- The proprietor becomes legally entitled to exclusively use the Trademarks/logos/brand names.
- Greater and protected marketing options in comparison to the unregistered trademarks.
- Increase the brand value.
- Enhance the brand credibility.
- Monetary benefits from licensing/franchising the Trademarks.
- Stop the unauthorized use of the Trademark by anyone else and get all his rights through the UAE court of law.
- Stricter actions against the counterfeiting in UAE.
- Concrete proof of the ownership.
Importance of Trademark Registration in Dubai
A trademark registration in Dubai has ample status in your business. It provides protection to your brand by certifying the special right to use it when identifying services or goods. You can also allow other persons or firm to use your trademark in return for royalties.
Trademarks are a very active promotion tool for new company; so that to reveal their presence in the market and launch itself as a reliable player. In case someone breach with your trade mark then you may be able to bring a legal action in a court of law.
Process of Trademark Registration in Dubai
Any brand or firm that wants to defend its uniqueness in Dubai can register its trade mark. A trademark registration in Dubai is a simple and straight forward process.
First of all you need to fill and submit an online application form. The Dubai Ministry of Economy will accept forms for trademark registration.
The Authority will assess the application. But note that Authority holds the right to accept, reject, or order a change in the application.
In case the Authority accepts the application for trade mark registration. Then you need to pay a fee for the publishing of the trademark. The Authority will publish the registered trade mark in the Official Gazette of Dubai. Moreover, you also need to advertise it in two local newspapers.
After advertising in a newspaper you need to wait for a one month period; anyone can put their complaint against your trademark registration in Dubai.
In case no one put a complaint against the trademark which you are going to register in Dubai. Then you need to pay the trade mark registration fee. This is a final stage, the Authority will issue a Latter for your trade mark registration in Dubai.
Once the process of trade mark is completed; the authority will issue the following documents:
- The Trade mark registration number in Dubai
- The registration Date of the trade mark
- Copy of the trade mark
- List of goods
The procedure of a trademark registration in Dubai can take a few months to complete. And the trade mark registration will cost you from 8000 AED to 10,000 AED.
How we can assist you in the registration of your trademark:
- Offer expert pre-registration consultation.
- Advise the client to strengthen the application for the Trademark application.
- Conduct the trademark search to check availability.
- Carry out all the UAE trademark registration process timely and smoothly.
- Advise on the assignment and licensing of the trademarks.
- Carry out the process of the assignment and the licensing of the trademarks.
- Advising as well as carrying out the franchise related matters.
- Also advising the clients on the subject of the Trade mark infringement.
- Advising the clients on the registration of Trademarks in GCC as well as other countries around the globe.
- Carry out all the GCC and International trademark registration process timely as well as smoothly.
Protect your Trademarks / logos / brand names in Dubai UAE with the help of our Trade mark Experts. for any business setup inquiry contact us